What We Do
It is a system of agricultural and social design principles centered on simulating the patterns and features observed in natural ecosystems. It is based on care of land, care of people and fare share.
PERMIND is an innovative eLearning platform www.permind.eu addressed to the professionals working for people with mental illness to learn how to create a therapeutic garden following the principles of the permaculture. A didactic mobile app supports the learning process by empowering the trainees, thus following the coproduction theory.
Stigma is one of the barriers that people with mental illness has to overcome every day. Selling the ecological vegetables grown, picking-up organic wastes from neighbors, promoting permaculture cooperatives, etc. is a way to approach the general society and provoke a positive mental change in Europe regarding environmental and social issues.
Project activities are focused on:
- Developing a technical curriculum about creating an orchard according to the principles of permaculture.
- Establishing permaculture gardens, as meeting places for learning and open-source spatial spread around sustainable cultivation.
- Developing of key competencies to help the people with mental illness to improve their quality of life and increase their employment opportunities.
- Providing people with mental illness a challenge through a relaxing activity in direct contact with nature, where they can feel comfortable, gain self-esteem and begin thinking about their future (green care).
- Developing and maintaining of a didactic app and e-Learning platform.
- Promoting entrepreneurship capacity by encouraging (green) entrepreneurship.